Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer

The grass green as only grass could be

Laden with dew, heart stirring beauty

And I crave to walk on it barefooted

But alas! That is not the life to which I’m suited

Waking up to a sun so serene and calm

My time is confined in the morning alarm

If I’m a bird, my wings aren’t flapping

And I wonder if to this life I owe these trappings

I would love to stare at the sun rays endlessly

But the flight of time precious is all I get to see

all for the cause of earning a name

But a name without identity? Well, pretty lame.

could I break free from these societal norms?

take up the challenge and wither the storms?

lets face it, I could be rich and well known

but so what? even in that list, I wont be alone.

so, dear god I just ask thee

make me whatever, just make me happy.

1 comment:

Aarushi said...

I simply love this one :)